Monday, August 10, 2015

Nevada Advocacy Retreat!

Yes, That is me in the photo! Doing my part. Want to join me? 

#beverlyjean #remembermyphoto #bmwphotography #endalz #purpledignity #wipeoutalz












































The Nevada Advocacy Retreat is coming up in September.   I am excited to be at this event this year. 

The featured guest this year included: John Funderburk, Director of Advocacy of the Alzheimer's Association in Washington D.C. & Ruth Gay, Director of Advocacy for the Alzheimer's Association California and Northern Nevada.

Why is this important? Nevada is leading the the numbers in Alzheimer's patients and the numbers are scary of what is coming if we are unable to find a cure.

Why is this important to me? My grief for my grandma Bev is being healed a little bit each time by doing what I can in my community, along with trying to provide images on a global level with the several different Alzheimer's initiatives I am working on.

Why is this important to my blog? Simply put if any of my Reno, Nevada followers would care to join me, I would love to share the day with each of you.

My personal story, my personal trials, my personal heart break are similar to those dealing with the disease, or living with the disease;  however I share a dynamic that is not imaginable or talked about in general. Judge ordered emergency full guardianship & conservator-ship for my Grandma, two years before she died was a fight I won to keep her safe and protected as she progressed in her 8th year of the disease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment