Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Alzheimer's Walk-Northern Nevada Northern California-2015

My Walking Team "Remember My Photo" 2015
"MY LADY CREW"
This year’s walk seemed to come sooner than last year, but that could because my schedule with work, photography, volunteer work and family work have been keeping me 
busy this year.


My day started early. I arrived at 6am. This year I am happy to say I got an official “Committee Member” shirt that I had the honor of wearing all day. So I was not to mad at myself for noting getting custom t-shirts made for my walk team “Remember My Photo” This year’s team mates that joined me were: Kathy (friend from work), her friend Kim, Jamie (my realtor), my husband & son, and William, his daughter and grandson (clients of mine from my photography business.) My team raised well over $235.00 with a couple of awesome outside donations. 


For: Grandma Bev, Aunt Nomie, & Cousin Mike
The Finish Line
I began my day at the registration area until the ceremony. I got to help many people come in and get registered for the walk, collect extra donations, share with them the day’s events and most importantly thank them for coming and for raising money for a disease that still had no cure.   Similar to last year’s ceremony, there were honorees on stage for each colored flower. I did not meet these individuals this year, but heard from my team about their amazing stories.

Reno, Sparks ALZ Walk 2015
Ladies Taking a "Selfie"
I was hopeful during this walk to not become so emotional in regards to losing my Grandma . I am proud to say I walked this year with my head held high. I was truly touched on how well the walk came together. The goal for the walk this year was to raise $185,000.00. After the walk the total that was raised was $171,731.22. But the fundraising does not stop there. I imagine we will hit our goal on or before the end of 2015. This year we had 107 teams and 1,021 walkers. I would say so far we are doing a stellar job as a team effort to help end Alzheimer’s.  Please join me next year as I walk to find a cure for Alzheimer’s.






My Husband and I.
#ENDALZ #PURPLEDIGNITY #REMEMBERMYPHOTO #BMWPHOTOGRAPHY #BEVERLYJEAN #WIPEOUTALZ

No comments:

Post a Comment