Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Did You Know that September is World Alzheimer's Month?

I recently came across a photo on Instgram from @alzheimerscaregiversupport. The photo which I saved was a lovely purple, and it stated that "September is World Alzheimer's Month". I was unware of this. I knew that June was Alzheimer's and Brain awareness month inspired by the Alzheimer's Association. However I also learned that November is Alzheimer's Awareness Month. This was designated by former President Ronald Reagan in 1983, whom ironically passed away from pneumonia complicated by Alzheimer's disease on June 4, 2004 at the age of 93.

Also the World Alzheimer's Day is September 21, 2019! This year I will get to partake in the annual Walk to End Alzheimer's for my local Alzheimer's Association chapter.  The World Alzheimer's Day is also an international campaigned designated to raise awareness while breaking the stigmas that surround Alzheimers and dementia. #ENDALZ #REMEMBERMYPHOTO #GRANDMABEV #ALZHEIMERS #ALZHEIMERSAWARENESS #ALZHEIMERSSUCKS #KICKALZINTHEBALLZ #BEVERLYJEAN #PURPLEDIGNITY #FORMYGRANDMA #SEPTEMBER #SEPTEMBER2019 #WORLDALZHEMERSMONTH #ALZHEIMERSWORLDDAY #ALZHEIMERSBRAINAWARENESS




No comments:

Post a Comment