Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Reno, Nevada Bishop Manogue Golfer Raising Money for Alzheimer's Disease

So proud of my fellow Nevadan! This young man is doing a great thing. Raising money for Alzheimer's, raising awareness, sharing his own story and golfing.  Thursday June 19, 2014! See detail below for the Golf-A-Thon!!! Go Erik V.!


Golf is a game that exemplifies the spirit of giving and I am so blessed to be a part of this most wonderful game. My hope is to use this game of golf that I so love to raise money for Alzheimer's Association.

Raising money for the Alzheimer's Association is important to me because my grandmother was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. I have come to know on a personal level just how devastating this condition can be. In addition, Alzheimer's is one of the most pressing issues facing our society as a whole with over 5 million affected victims nationwide. Research efforts in this area have been relatively lacking, and for these reasons, it is my hope to raise as much money as possible for curative and preventative measures of Alzheimer's.
I will be conducting a golf-a-thon on June 19, 2014 at Arrow Creek Country Club in Reno Nevada. I will play from sun up to sun down and play as manyholes as possible to honor my grandmother.
Your dollars will not only support the funding Alzheimer's Association, but also will impact junior golfers as well through the ACE Grant program. Your contributions will help talented junior golfers with a desire to better their life through playing junior golf and earning a college golf scholarship. These juniors lack the financial resources to compete at the national level to gain exposure to these scholarships. They need our help as well. The scholarships these juniors earn through their play change the course of their life and the life of their future family.
My goal is to raise $5,000. Would you consider making a donation and making a difference?
There are two ways to contribute - Click Donate Now
-          You can make a one-time donation and your credit card will be charged now.
-          Or, you can pledge a specific amount for every hole that I play.  My hope is to play around 72 holes of golf in one day.
Thank you in advance for any support you can lend.
 Sincerely,
Erik Verhey
Click on the below link to donate!!! 









http://www.kolotv.com/sports/headlines/Bishop-Manogue-Golfer-Raising-Money-for-Alzheimers-Disease-261617911.html

No comments:

Post a Comment