Thursday, July 3, 2014

Another Great One Passes Away to Alzheimer's....

I just learned via Facebook that another great person I know lost there life to Alzheimer's. The first job I had in high school from August 1997 to August 1999 was working for His Word Christian Book Store as a Book Store Clerk. This is a local family owned Reno business that is a Christian Book Store. The family had 2 locations. A Reno, Nevada Store and a Sparks Nevada Store. My boss Deidre was the daughter who ran the Reno store that I worked at.  Roger the father worked mostly at the Sparks location unless we had an event at the Reno store. I remember any time I spoke to him, he was pleasant. Over all he was just a really nice Christian man. The family and I all attended the same church, and got together outside of work after church from time to time to share a meal together. 

When I saw the post on Facebook last week I was sadden to not only hear of his passing but was truly saddened to learn that he had Alzheimer's.  My heart hurts for this family and I know the pain they went through watching there loved one slowly pass away from this mind robbing and body robbing disease. This only make the fire within me burn more that we find a cure. We are loosing to many great people to this disease.  My condolences and prayers are with the family. 



Roger David Pagni- August 8, 1941 to June 26, 2014

Roger was born in Fallon to Josephine Frances Ascagorta and Roger Jerry Pagni. He is survived by his wife Lorre, his daughters Deidre and Jena, son-in-law Matt Casci, his grandchildren Lucca, Marco, Portia, Enzo and Ofelia and his brother Louis Pagni. He was a graduate of Churchill County High School and Oregon Techical Institute. He worked at Lakeshore Equipment as a service manager for many years. When they closed he joined his wife in the business she had started, His Word Christian Bookstore and retired in 2012. He was a man of quiet but deep faith in Jesus. He was passionate about soccer refereeing which he began in the 80s when his daughter's' team needed volunteer AYSO referees. He refereed high school, college and adult leagues was active in the administration of several referee organizations. Roger happily spent most of his weekends at the soccer fields. 

He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease several years ago and began his slow withdrawal from his passions and activities. In June of this year he become ill with a systemic infection and then succumbed to pneumonia at Senior Pathways in Carson Tahoe hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment